Exporting to other accounting packages

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Thu Mar 16 02:38:03 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:01, Brendan Simon wrote:
> Can GNU Cash export (or save-as) to other accounting package formats ??
> eg. Quicket, MYOB, others ???
>
> I want to send my database to my accountant so they can import it into
> their systems.
> I'm in Melbourne/Australia if that makes any difference :)
>
> Thanks,
> Brendan.

This year, I made lots of reports, exported them in html and made index pages
for each account (home, business, super fund, family trust). I then made an
overarching index page and burnt the lot to CD.
I put the attached gif on it (stolen from another linux user, probably open
source, not checked) and took the cd to the accountants.
Previously I printed out pages of reports which they photocopied and returned
to me, which i then had to destroy.
I am not keen on anything being imported into any other system, due to my
level of paranoia. The accountant helped me set up the system but I use terms
i understand (like GST - paid - vehicle) to reduce mistakes my end.

--
economics, n.:
	Economics is the study of the value and meaning of J. K. Galbraith.