How to handle sale of partial lots of stock?

John Schoffstall john.schoffstall at pobox.com
Thu Mar 16 03:39:47 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> You're using Weighted Balance for the stock price.  Don't do that.
> You want to use the "most recent pricedb entry" and make sure you
> have a pricedb entry for the $20/share

Okay, I did that. Now the balance sheet looks like this:

Assets
Assets                 $0.00
  Investments:      $3995.00
Assets                    $3995.00

Liabilities
Liabilities                  $0.00
Unrealized Gains(Losses)   $333.33

Equity
Equity                 $0.00
  Opening Balances: $2000.00
Retained earnings:           $0.00
Net Profit:                $995.00
Total Equity:             $2995.00

Liabilities & Equity:     $3328.33

But Unrealized Gains should be $1000, not $333.33. Price db entries are $10 for 3/14 and $20 for 3/15-present.

== John