Reversing a customers payment

Jacques Verryn jverryn at mweb.co.za
Fri Mar 17 16:16:29 EST 2006

Hi All

I'm having a problem with Account Receivable. I issued an invoice to a
customer which was paid with a stale check. I processed the payment, but
now I need to process the bounced check. I created a transaction that
debits Accounts Receivable and credits the Checking Account. This
transaction updates the bank account and Accounts Receivable to the
correct balance.

My problem is that the reversal is not picked up when I generate a
Customer Report.  Also if I look at the customer 's invoice the last
invoice is still ticked as paid.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the Customer Report and
invoice payment code?

Thanx
Jacques

GNUCash 1.8.11