How useful is "cash in wallet"

Pete null_geodesic at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 11:25:40 EST 2006

--- Eric Beversluis <econophil at charter.net> wrote:

(snip)

> GnuCash is, in a way, overkill for what you want to
> do.

(snip)

> Hope this helps.
> EB

Yeah, actually the two responses I've read so far
helped a lot.  I've been reading the user manual, and
have been ... a bit overwhelmed.  My money is
important to me, but not THAT important.  :)   I
really appreciate your response.

So now the question is much more difficult, but only
one that I can answer -- what's important for me to
track, and how in-depth do I want to go.  That's going
to require some head-scratching.

I know I'm going to get sloppy with time.  Suppose I
create separate accounts for Gas, Water, Electric, etc
but at a later date decide I was being completely
ridiculous and want all my utilities to just go under
Liabilities:Utilities.  Is it possible to move all the
transactions from a set of accounts into a more
general Utilities account (and then delete the
individual Gas, Water, Electric, etc accounts)?

Thanks,
Pete