Can't run any reports

Steve Moeller smoeller001 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 19 18:11:44 EST 2006

Hi,
I am new to GnuCash.  I have setup some basic accounts and imported my
checking account info from my bank into GnuCash (QIF file).  So far so
good.
Now I want to run some reports.  I select Reports from the main menu,
and then select a report to run (Account Summary, Transaction
Report, ...etc.) and GnuCash closes.  There is no error message, it just
closes.  I am running GnuCash ver. 1.8.12.  I am running GnuCash under
Fedora 4 Linux with all the latest Fedora updates.  Can you help me with
this problem?
Thanks,
Steve