Problem adding account to existing accounts

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 22 01:43:32 EST 2006

I have a file containing a number of accounts, each of which represents
an individual security. I needed, and got, help from the list when
creating the file.

Now, I need to add another account to the existing ones and I've
forgotten everything I did at the outset.

I'm trying to follow the instructions in the guide called "Example Stock
Account" (s 8.4.2). They say to click on File, New Account, to get the
New Account dialogue. Next, name the account, using the stock ticker
abbreviation. Next, click on Select next to the Commodity line, which
will bring up the Select currency/security dialogue. Up to there, no
problem.

Next, change the Commodity type from Currency to, eg, NASDAQ. I can't
achieve that using the Select currency/security dialogue. I can
highlight the word Currency, but I can't alter it in any way. The drop
down menu contains no other option than Currency. How am I supposed to
change it to, I assume in my case, ASX (the exchange on which the
security's traded)?