split won't go away

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon May 1 07:36:41 EDT 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006 21:22, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> Using GnuCash 1.8.12.
>
> I've entered a split transaction involving a credit card account in the
> General Ledger. Now I'm working in the credit card account window and
> want to enter a regular, non-split transaction involving the same
> "Description." But gnucash puts "--Split Transaction--" in the Transfer
> field and won't let me get rid of it so I can enter the appropriate
> account.
>
> I was using the General Ledger for the split account, because it seems
> to give me more control, but I don't want to have to go back there for
> the regular entries, which go more smoothly in the particular account
> window. How do I fix this?
>
> EB

Right-click on --Split Transaction-- and choose remove transaction splits from
the menu, then OK it. After you save the transaction the new one will not
have splits
Liz

--
Still a few bugs in the system... Someday I have to tell you about Uncle
Nahum from Maine, who spent years trying to cross a jellyfish with a shad