Error compiling gnucash 1.9.6

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 18 15:49:18 EDT 2006

PLEASE CC GNUCASH-USER ON ALL REPLIES!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Bob Allen <boballen at ksc.th.com>:

> Hmmmm.

> [root at fed gnucash-1.9.6]# yum info g-wrap-devel
> Setting up repositories
> core                                                                 [1/3]
> extras                                                               [2/3]
> updates                                                              [3/3]
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Installed Packages
> Name   : g-wrap-devel
> Arch   : i386
> Version: 1.9.6
> Release: 2
> Size   : 37 k
> Repo   : installed

> g-wrap-devel contains development libraries and headers for g-wrap.
>
> You can provide access to a given C API by creating a specification
> file describing the interface you want published at the Scheme level.
> g-wrap will handle generating all the lower level library interface
> code so that the C library shows up as a set of Scheme functions.
>
> You should install g-wrap-devel if you need to compile programs that
> need to use g-wrap C<->Scheme functionality
>

> [root at fed gnucash-1.9.6]#
>
> I'm confused??????

Indeed.  What does "configure" say?  You said earlier you installed
g-wrap 1.3.4.  Were you lying?  Clearly you've frotzed your machine's
development environment but unfortunately I don't know how.  Perhaps if
you came onto IRC we could have a more real-time conversation?  (I
don't usually offer this, but I'm in a good mood today).

> Bob.

-derek