end of year accounting

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 11:02:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have started using gnucash at the beginning of 2005. My records are
complete for 2005. At the end of the year, I was wondering what I should do:
1. continue using the same file for 2006
2. start in a new file

In the end I am happy with using a single file. I think it's simpler. For
example, I don't need to manage tax returns with to different files.

Back then I would have preferred the second choice, but I couldn't figure a
way of doing that with minimal manual work.

How is everyone handling end of year that case?
What does gnucash offer as a solution for this usecase?

Thanks!