Kudos!

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Tue May 30 22:15:05 EDT 2006

I couldn't wait any longer so I upgraded to 1.9.6 from Debian sid
(although I have a mostly-etch system).

Love it! Looks great, has tabs, and user-defined accelerators stick
again. Thanks all!

I posted a few bugs from my initial impressions. In addition:

The first tip said that "if you are upgrading from earlier versions of
GnuCash, the section "What's new in GnuCash 2.0" is particular
interesting." However, it looks like the old manual is still there and
obviously doesn't have this chapter.

I also noticed that the saved file is binary and *much* smaller.

I'm assuming that the "What's new" and file format are documented on
gnucash.org or in this list's archive which I should find shortly...

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD