Cheque printing.

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 00:27:34 EDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 10:44 PM, Wouter van Marle wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 13:20 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>>> Is this a known bug (I haven't searched bugzilla yet)? Is there any
>>> workaround?
>>
>> Saving the format is fixed in 1.9, I believe.
>
> It is - works fine with 1.9.6.
>
> Now the second thing is that I have two banks, with different cheque
> lay-out... and can save of course only one. So still have to start
> fiddling with the printcheck.scm file (which does the job for
> 1.8.11 as
> well).
>
> Any way to add custom cheque names? Or to change the existing names?

Yes, but it takes a patch to one c file and one glade file (and then
another definition in the scm file). It isn't too hard, but seems
like more work than it's worth. I added another format because I
needed a different check height than any of the existing ones
allowed, and I thought I might need the standard height definition, too.

For two check formats, I recommend saving one format as the Custom
format, and then just edit one of the existing definitions in
the .scm file and remember which one you edited.

> Wouter.
>

>>> Using GnuCash 1.8.11 (Mandriva LE2005).
>>>
>>> Wouter.
>>
>> -derek