ofx direct connect

Jon Hamkins hamkins at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Nov 4 14:43:37 EST 2006

Jon Hamkins wrote:

> MS Money 2007 offers a free trial download:
>
> http://cdn.simtel.net/pub/msmoney/mny07trl.exe
>
> I'll give it a spin, if I can find a Windows computer somewhere.  I
> assume the log file will be buried somewhere I'll have to search for.
>
> It would sure be nice new feature for gnucash to be able to identify the
> ofx servers, and fid and org tags on its own.  If that is not possible,
> perhaps the users that go through this painful Quicken/Money process to
> get the info could put their efforts to good use by reporting the data
> to a central location-- the gnucash ofx wiki seems like a good place to
> start.
>
>       ----Jon

Here's a followup on using MS Money to determine the URL of an ofx server.

I ran the trial of MS Money, connected to Bank of America (California)
and was able to download my transactions into Money.  Extensive
searching revealed no log file, however.  There was no file by the name
of ofx.log.  I also looked at all the files with creation dates of
today, and with "ofx," "qfx," or "America" anywhere in the file, and I
still came up empty.  Does anyone have experience with where logging
information may be stored by Money?  Maybe MS Money doesn't have a log file?

      ----Jon