"Advanced Portfolio" -report

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 7 18:49:05 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 02:22:00PM -0800, Arkadi Gelfond wrote:
> > What entries do you have in the PriceDB?  The contents of the  register are irrelevant.
>
> the asterisk next to the price is translated into:
> _________________
>  * this commodity data was built using transaction pricing instead of
> the price list.
>   If you are in a multi-currency situation, the exchanges may not be correct.
> _________________

that part of the report is definitely broken.... I know I wrote it.

> so, I would suspect that the asterisk's presence signals the absence
> of prices in the price list and relevance of the register. And,
> indeed, in the 'Price Editor' I don't have VngrdIntermBondIdx -entry.

if there is no price db entry then the report tries to generate some
reasonably valid data from the register. However, there are register
functions that are not handled by the report including splits and
exchanges and some of the multi-currency stuff too.

If you put in some price db entries you'll get something that is
reasonably accurate. If you keep the price db well up to date, you'll
probably be okay.

I don'thave time to even LOOK at that report again at the moment, but
if you send an email with any issues on that report, it'll at least be
archived in case I can get back to it.