Import from KMyMoney2 (and DTD for GnuCash file?)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 8 14:45:35 EST 2006

Quoting Matej Cepl <ceplm at seznam.cz>:

> Hi,
>
> I was using GnuCash for many years, but finally I gave up on it couple
> years ago because of then missing support for UTF-8 and my using KDE
> almost completely (actually GC was the last Gnome application I had
> installed). Now, I had switch to Fedora (it used to be Debian) and Gnome,
> and GnuCash apparently finally moved to GTK2 so i18n shouldn't be a
> problem anymore, so I would like to switch back. However, the problem is
> import of KMM data back to GnuCash. Are there any tools available for it?

Export as QIF and then use the Gnucash QIF importer.

> Writing this also to -devel list, because I suspect that I will have to
> write XSLT script for the transformation myself. It would be helpful to
> have DTD for it -- where can I find it?

There is none.  You can try to search the archives for people who have
reverse engineered a DTD from the XML (and the hand-written parsers and
generators in C), but anything you find would be informational and
not normative.