Encoding of OFX imported files?

Matej Cepl ceplm at seznam.cz
Sat Nov 11 18:04:21 EST 2006

Hi,

how to set encoding of OFX imported files? I know nearly nothing about
OFX, but when reading its header there are these lines:

ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252

However, it is lie, because the file is either in ISO-8859-2 or in CP1250
(cannot distinguish on given file). Should I fix the header or convert
manually to some other encoding? Which one (of course 1252 is
non-sensical, because it doesn't support most of the Czech characters)?

Best,

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

According to the Franciscan priest Richard Rohr, spirituality is
not for people who are trying to avoid hell; it is for people
who have been through hell. In many ways, spirituality is about
what we do with our pain. And the truth is, if we don't
transform it, we will transmit it.
    -- Al Gustafson
       (quoted at
        http://thecorner.typepad.com\