Live CD of GnuCash

Andrew Greig algreig at bigpond.net.au
Sun Nov 12 17:39:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am about to send my tax data off to the accountant for his preparation
of my income tax return.  This last year I have used GnuCash exclusively
for my records.  I am getting the hang of it, pretty well.  My
accountant, however, is unfamiliar with GnuCash, but would more than
likely be better equipped to understand it than I was at first look.
With that in mind, I have a suggestion to throw into the ring.

Is there someone smart enough AND willing enough to create a GnuCash
live CD.?

I have used a Mandriva One CD which loads KDE and a host of other
software.  I can run Gnucash from my data file on a USB key, but CUPS is
not loaded by default, and although I have 512Mb Ram, loading CUPS
enables me to print reports, but the system grinds to a crawl.  If a
GnuCash live CD could be produced which ran Gnucash, Gnome and CUPS, and
would automount a USB Key, then I believe we would have an excellent
resource for expanding the user base of GC.  Those of us on the list,
for example, who  do not prepare our own returns could submit our data
on a key, include the CD and some instructions for use, and let the
accountant poke around to his/her heart's content.

Unfortunately, I do not have the skills for such a task, more or less
dismantling Gnoppix, and building something highly specific, but lean
'n' mean.  Does this strike a chord with anyone?

Andrew Greig
Community Distributor
OpenOffice.org
Melbourne, Australia