Live CD of GnuCash

Tom Purl tom at tompurl.com
Sun Nov 12 19:59:06 EST 2006

For the record, I did a pretty exhaustive search for a live cd that
included GnuCash, and could never find one.  The problems were:

a) Very few live CD's use Gnome
b) GnuCash requires a lot of third-party libraries that take up a lot
of space on a 750 MB live CD.

I wish I was experienced enough and had the free time to help you, but
I have a few suggestions:

1) Maybe there's a live DVD that inclues GnuCash?  Maybe a Knoppix
copy of some type?
2) It's much easier to create a VMWare image and run it via the free
VMWare Player.  Maybe someone could create an Ubuntu VMWare image
using VMWare Workstation with GnuCash 2.0?  I would if I had the time.

HTH,

Tom Purl