v2 instability?

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 18:29:08 EST 2006

Hi

I've been a happy GnuCash user for several years with virtually no
trouble. Thanks!

However since I upgraded my system from Fedora 5 to Fedora 6 (and
therefore went from GC 1.x to 2.0.2), it's just been a nightmare. GC
seems to crash at the slightest provocation (notably splitting
transactions) and the latest trick today is that it takes several
*minutes* to start up (looping through mremap or something) and once it
finally loads appears to have completely corrupted my data with random
transactions missing. (I guess the corruption and slow startup are
connected...)

I will of course try to look deeper and get some backtraces, but I was
just wondering if there were known issues (particularly with upgrading
large datafiles from 1.x)?

Thanks

Tim