Canadian GST PST

Brian Goodyear brian at goodyearandfriends.com
Mon Nov 13 19:03:13 EST 2006

Hi.  Thanks again for your ideas.  I had a look at the thing again and find
the whole tax thingie unworkable especially for invoices. The invoices are
basically aimed at the selling of goods whereas we sell mainly services so
our invoice usually says "Services rendered $1000.00"

I am just entering the invoices into the bank register directly like this:

Paid Invoice
Note:Name of client
Debit (deposit) of total amount to Bank
Credit of amount before taxes to Income Account
Credit of 6% to Liabilities: GST collected
Credit of 7.5% to Liabilities: PST collected.

The first time it's a little onerous but after that it's pretty easy,
certainly easier than entering all the Customer info and then wading through
the Invoice screen.

Maybe at some point they will get the tax thingie worked out.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

brian at goodyearandfriends.com 977-4412