Income from Retirement Investments?

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:18:19 EST 2006

On 11/12/06, Dale Alspach <alspach at math.okstate.edu> wrote:
> I use an unrealized gains and losses account (asset) for the other side of these
> transactions.

There are usually two kinds of events that cause the change of value
of a retirement account: 1) distribution of capital gains/dividends,
which is a realized gain, and 2) change of the NAV of the funds, which
is an unrealized gain.  What I'm doing is: for 1), enter a transaction
that increases the value (or number of shares, if you do reinvestment)
of the account and balance it with an income account, and for 2), just
edit (or download) the price table for the funds.

> Dale Alspach

DS