trying to install GnuCash 2.0.0 on a Mac Intel/OSX, (Tiger)

Jed Diem jed at tulane.edu
Wed Nov 15 20:31:36 EST 2006

Dave,   Could you provide a pointer to the fink list post on 2.0.2 and
goffice.   I can't find it.   Or if you can tell me where to install
goffice  (I have gnucash 2.0.2 installed in  /sw/opt/gnucash-2.0.2 and
would reinstall it there unless you recommend someplace else) that would
suffice.

Thanks,

-- jed diem

The glib-gobject errors seem to be limited to intel Macs after 2.0.1
(i.e., 2.0.1 works, but 2.0.2 does not)

One of the people on the fink lists has found that he can make 2.0.2
work if he installs goffice 0.3.whatever externally.

Fink only has slib 2d6, so folks trying to use the fink supplied
dependencies aren't seeing a slib 3 problem. I don't have an intel mac,
and I'm not having any problems, so I can't fill in further info.

The only other thing that I know has happened lately (like between the
2.0.1 release and the 2.0.2 release) is the fink's glib2 went from
2.12.3 to 2.12.4. But looking at the bugs fixed list, I didn't see
anything that seemed to relate. gtk+ is still mired at 2.6.10 (not
2.10.6...)

 Dave