gnc-fn-update compilation fails in MSYS

zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Mon Nov 20 04:02:04 EST 2006

Hi,

I have successfully compiled and installed GnuCash in Windows using MSYS,
by following the steps in http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows .

But when I ran gnc-fn-update in gnucash/bin directory to install
Finance::Quote, the process failed because of the error below:

cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option "-fnative-struct"

This error happens for several modules in gnc-fn-update, like the
Crypt::SSLeay.

However, I can run gnc-fn-update with ActivePerl 5.8.8 without problem
inside MSYS.

Is there any way to solve this?
Or can I compile GnuCash with ActivePerl? How to do it?

Thank you!

cheers,
zhimin