Scheduled transactions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Nov 20 15:01:24 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 12:39 -0700, Mark Baker wrote:
> I used scheduled transactions in Quicken for all my bills, and if I paid one
> early, I just went to the calendar and paid it early.  In a couple of weeks
> of working with GnuCash and reading documentation, I've been unable to find a
> way to pay a scheduled transaction early; it seems to lock me into paying
> when the scheduler decides it's time.  It also seems to be an all-or-nothing
> proposition; either I enter all the transactions since last run, or none of
> them.  Is there a way to pay individual scheduled transactions early, one at
> a time, that I'm missing?

No, unfortunately, there's no way in the UI to do exactly what you're
after.  As a work-around, you could setup the SX to "remind" a
sufficient number of days in advance, then transition the SX instance
from "remind" to "create" at that earlier point.  It would be better to
have a more direct way of acheiving what you describe; could you please
file an RFE at <http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash>?

With respect to the "all or nothing"-ness of the since-last-run
druid ... you can postpone SX instances in that dialog, and they'll hang
around until you decide to deal with them at some later point.

--
...jsled