Upgrading to 2.0: "A custom report with this name already exists."

Adam Funk a24061 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 13:51:36 EST 2006

Since I upgraded from 1.8 to 2.0, every time I launch gnucash, I get a
series of "A custom report with this name already exists. ..." error
dialogues --- two for each custom report I have.

   A custom report with this name already exists. Either rename the
   report to store it with a different name, or edit your
   saved-reports file and delete the section with the following name:
   BalanceSheet (custom)

Once I click through the errors, gnucash and the reports work fine.
I've never manually edited the saved-reports files --- is that the
only way to clear these warnings permanently?  Any tips?

Thanks,
Adam