custom report documentation

Karl Anderson kra at monkey.org
Wed Oct 4 16:47:37 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> Karl Anderson <kra at monkey.org> writes:
>
>> Where does one put a custom report source file to be able to view/test it?
>> I wasn't able to find this out in the above docs, or find a site-foo
>> directory in my installation.
>
> It's a two-step process...  You need to get the report loaded
> at runtime.  The best way to do that is to modify standard-reports.scm
> to load your new report.

Editing the source is not user customization :)

>  Another option (that's not been tested
> properly) -- you MIGHT be able to get the report loaded from
> ~/.gnucash/config.user -- but like I said that's not been tested.

I was able to to at least add the toy report this way, thanks.  I
copied hello-world.scm to my .gnucash directory, edited some strings,
and commented out the define-module statement.

  (display "start loading config.user")
  (load "my-hello-world.scm")
  (display "end loading config.user")

--