Job costing function

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 5 09:56:55 EDT 2006

Hi,

Helen Stathers <helen at lowtech.org> writes:

> Dear all
> Is there a "job costing" function on Gnucash like:
> - Classes on Quickbooks and
> - Departments on Sage?
> This is for  streaming expenditure out of all accounts for project
> expenditure monitoring.
> Any help appreciated.
> Helen & Yvonne in Sheffield

I've never used Quickbooks or Sage so I don't know what those do.
So I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for or if you're
using "Job" in the gnucash sense.

If you're trying to add up the sums of multiple invoices attached
to a Job, well.. I don't think there's a way to do that currently.

If, however, you're just trying to create a "Quote", one thing you
could do is just create an Invoice and not post it to the CoA.