Problems with SUSE 10.1 abd GNUCash 2.0.1

Tom Cada mtcada at attglobal.net
Sat Oct 7 18:52:29 EDT 2006

I am attempting to install GNUCash 2.0.1 on a new install of SUSE 10.1 (not
openSUSE).

Everyting seemed to go OK. However, when installing the help documentation
(gnucash-docs-2.0.0) I could not get the help from the menu item nor would
the Contents (F1) work.

I run gnucash from the console using the command

gnucash --debug --level=6 \
--doc-path=/usr/local/share/gnome/help/gnucash/gnucash

I know it looks strange but that's where the install placed to help data.

I examining the file /tmp/gnucash.trace I found the following error:

 Debug: gnc_gnome_help(): Attempting to opening help file gnucash-guide.xml
 Error: gnc_gnome_help(): There was an error launching the default action
                            command associated with this location.

I know that gnucash-guide.xml is in the path.

In addition, there is no reference to the OFX/QXF file types when I open the
import dialogue. The only import mentioned is the QIF file.

Help!!!

Tom.