Installing Finance:Quote

jcnwilson at netscape.net jcnwilson at netscape.net
Wed Oct 18 10:59:33 EDT 2006

Having decided to get away from Windows and try Xandros Home Edition Premium
4.0 I needed to change from my old DOS based accounting programme (NewViews).
Not being an accountant I am very impressed with the help and concepts manual,
there are one or two minor bugs.
I cannot get update-finance-quote to run.
I have installed from Xandros's unsupported site the package
libfinance-quote-perl which should contain the module.
When I try and run update-finance-quote I am told "command not found".
Any suggestions?
Also my old version of NewViews gave me a balance sheet where my assets and
liabilities balanced.
In GnuCash with its tree of accounts shouldn't assets and liabilities balance?
Regards,
John Wilson
--
J.C.N. Wilson M.B.,B.S.,C.C.F.P.,F.C.F.P.
Dr. John Wilson & Dr. Diane Martin Inc,