How to Use Budgets Module?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 00:45:58 EST 2006

I was trying to use the Budget Report, but have had no success. When I select
this option, GnuCash works very hard, and then puts up:

Budget Report:
This report requires you to specify certain report options.

Edit report options

But, no matter what I do on the options dialog, I get this same screen. I have
looked at the help file for 1.9 (the most recent listed on
http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml), which simply informs me that there is a
Budget report. Could someone please advise?

Thanks.

David