QFX file import: Resolved

Mike Sussman msussman at na-net.ornl.gov
Tue Oct 31 08:46:52 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 10:17 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Mike Sussman <msussman at na-net.ornl.gov> writes:
>
> > (Above message occured on Line 18, Column 1)
> > *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0862d078 ***
> >
> > A very similar set of messages happens when I use version 1.8.10.  I am
> > using Ubuntu Breezy Badger and the 1.8.10 came in a .deb package, so I
> > am pretty sure it is a good copy.  The above messages came from my
> > compiled version 2.0.2, on an OFX file, but I received slightly
> > different messages, ending in the malloc error, on two different QFX
> > files, all downloaded from my Merrill Lynch account.
> >
> > Can anyone give me some idea of how to track this error down?
>
> What version of libofx?  You might want to try upgrading to 0.8.2.
>
> -derek

Thanks for your suggestion, Derek, that it is related to libofx.  I
poked around and discovered the program ofxdump, and it also failed on
the file I have been trying to read.  So I went and got libofx version
0.8.2, compiled it and tried it.  The new version of ofxdump does read
the file, and so does gnucash.

Thanks again.
--
Mike Sussman