Add own currencies?

Daniel Kraft d at domob.eu
Mon Sep 4 17:13:09 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm wondering if it is possible to add your own currencies to a
gnucash-file (like it is possible for stocks/funds) - I'm using gnucash
2.0.1.

The problem is when I want to book virtual currencies between multiple
accounts, it isn't really nice to book them as funds; it seems that you
can only buy/sell funds for a specific amount of money in gnucash, while
I wound need to transfer simply a specific amount of *shares* from one
account to each other.

So what I need is a way to simply create my own currency with a manually
entered value (preferred option) or to transfer *shares* instead of
money from accounts which use the same security of type fund.

Many thanks in advance,
Daniel Kraft