Help for Slackware-based Distros

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 6 02:07:22 EDT 2006

Bobby Goins wrote:

>I have tried to install gnucash-2.0.1 on my Zenwalk (Slackware-based)
>machine, without having any luck.
>
>In trying to cover the dependencies, I installed:
>
>g-wrap-1.9.6
>guile-1.8.0
>gwenhywfar-2.4.0
>libofx-0.8.0
>slib-3a3-2
>and attempted to install aqbanking-2.2.0  (it requires more dependencies)

Mine are all older.  I don't even have gwenhywfar and libofx installed.

>Has any Slacker been able to install gnucash-2.0.1 without installing
>the complete freerock, or dropline, gnome environment?
>
>If so, PLEASE post how you did it, and the dependency files you used.

I did not install either of those gnome environments.  However, I did
install the complete Slackware 10.0 gnome, and upgrade as needed.  This
may not have been the best course of action as my yelp crashes
frequently. (And I expect you'd like to avoid that complete installation
too.)

Back in April, I posted:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2006-April/017094.html

It was for SVN prior to the 2.0 release, but may still be helpful.

Rich Shepard posted that he installed Freerock:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2006-July/017005.html

I know you'd like to not install the whole thing, but it might be worth
considering.

Mark