How does a family of two with each having their own accounts, use Gnucash?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Sep 11 15:18:55 EDT 2006

At Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:35:16 -0700 John Boyle <oldsarge at harbornet.com> wrote:

> To Anyone: My mom and I have separate accounts, how do I enter the
> information as such? :-[

Use two files, one for you and one for your mom, typically stored under
separate user (unix) accounts.  On a typical UNIX/Linux system, you'd
actually create two (unix) user accounts, one for you (ie oldsarge) and
one for your mom.  When you do your bookkeeping, you would log in as
you, when your mom does her bookkeeping, she would log into her own
account.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk