Reinstalling as an opportunity

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Sep 13 17:04:33 EDT 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 02:27, Derek Atkins wrote:
>  In order to use the packages
> before today, you had to run Debian/unstable.
That's our choice, to stay with a relatively stable set of packages until the
conditions of the package management system are met.
thanks for the advice, because I might upgrade now the packages are here.
lIz

--
"Oh, he [a big dog] hunts with papa," she said. "He says Don Carlos [the
dog] is good for almost every kind of game.  He went duck hunting one time
and did real well at it.  Then Papa bought some ducks, not wild ducks but,
you know, farm ducks.  And it got Don Carlos all mixed up.  Since the
ducks were always around the yard with nobody shooting at them he knew he
wasn't supposed to kill them, but he had to do something.  So one morning
last spring, when the ground was still soft, he took all the ducks and
buried them."  "What do you mean, buried them?"  "Oh, he didn't hurt them.
He dug little holes all over the yard and picked up the ducks in his mouth
and put them in the holes.  Then he covered them up with mud except for
their heads.  He did thirteen ducks that way and was digging a hole for
another one when Tony found him.  We talked about it for a long time.  Papa
said Don Carlos was afraid the ducks might run away, and since he didn't
know how to build a cage he put them in holes.  He's a smart dog."
		-- R. Bradford, "Red Sky At Morning"