Warning: Finance::Quote not installed properly

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 13 21:11:40 EDT 2006

On Sep 13, 2006, at 6:15 PM, David T. wrote:

> GC gives me the above error still. I have checked that
> Crypt::SSLeay is
> installed. The command:
>
> cpan>install Crypt::SSLeay
>
> reports "Crypt::SSLeay is up to date."
>
> The command:
>
> cpan>install Finance::Quote
>
> reports "Finance::Quote is up to date."
>
> I have rebooted, and GC still gives me my error.
>
> One oddity I see is that my machine has Finance::Quote in multiple
> locations:
>
> 1) opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8
> 2) opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/darwin-2level/auto
> 3) sw/lib/perl5/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto
> 4) sw/lib/per5/5.8.6
> 5) Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto
> 6) Library/Perl/5.8.6
>
> These appear to be three pairs of installations; the timestamps on
> each pair is
> the same, with the first pair being the most recent. Ideas?
>
> GC 2.0.1
> Intel Mac OS 10.4.7
>
> David

My experience indicates that gnucash will find the fink installed
finance-quote before it finds the cpan installed version. The latest
finance-quote version available in fink is really old (1.8). I have a
newer info file in the fink  tracker, but it hasn't made any progress
lately. Apparently there is some question about retaining the old
version along with the new one so that not all finance-quote stuff
has to go in crypto. I don't know what I need to do to satisfy all
the policy and practical issues.

Use fink to remove its version of finance-quote, and gnucash should
stop complaining -- and it will work with the cpan version just fine.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net