Banking don't appear after GC-2 installation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 14 12:13:33 EDT 2006

Please remember to CC gnucash-user on all replies...

Heinz-Dieter Bender <hdbender at arcor.de> writes:

> Thank you for the speed response. I'm using Kubuntu 6.10
> I know now why it happened.
> Can I repair it just by doing ./configure --enable-hbci or do I have to
> remove GC and Aqbanking first?
> Thank you in advance - hdbender

Please check the email archives for "gnucash and aqbanking on debian
and ubuntu".  There are some people who still believe that
distributing GnuCash with AqBanking is violating licenses, and
Debian's uber-anal policies have kept that out.  So, they probably
don't ship a gnucash-hbci module anymore.

You can either find-and-install the gnucash-hbci module, or you can
remove the gnucash binary package and then build gnucash from source.
I recommend talking to your distribution and complaining to them about
not distributing gnucash-hbci.