2.0.1 on FC5 trying online banking in the US

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 22:12:51 EDT 2006

On 9/19/06, David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:

> aqbanking 2.1.0 was released in June. It should be new enough. I was
> having good success with aqbanking and OFXDirectConnect prior to mid
> May in the 1.9.x series of GnuCash, and using libofx from cvs that
> had the OFXDC fix in it.
>
> I have a citicard account that works in gnucash.
>
> In the aqbanking setup wizard for the Citi account, setting up a User
> in the General Tab (window says "User Configuration"):
> the User Name can be anything
> I have my Citicards web login name in both the User ID and Customer
> ID fields (I'm pretty sure now that it is the UserID that gets sent
> in the ofx dialog, but when I was first setting them up I wasn't sure)
>
> In Bank Settings:
> Country is set to United States of America
> Bank ID is 24909 (though I don't think this matters for credit card
> accounts)
>
> In the OFX tab
> FID is 24909
> ORG is Citigroup
> Broker ID is blank
>
> Connection settings:
> server url: https://secureofx2.bankhost.com/citi/cgi-forte/ofx_rt?
> servicename=ofx_rt&pagename=ofx
>
> And I have the Supports Account List Download button clicked
>
> At this point, you can click the "Get Accounts" button, aqbanking
> will ask you for your citicard PIN, log onto the ofx server, and
> request  a list of your accounts from Citi. This works much better
> than trying to define both a User and one or more Accounts.

I didn't do a "Get Accounts".   Now with this and link my GnuCash
accounts to the fetched accounts, I'm able to download transactions
and balance for my Citi Cards.  So great!

One problem though, with the 2.0.1 compiled by bill, GnuCash crashes
when the downloading almost completes.  I also compiled a svn version
of GnuCash, which works great.

> It sounds like you have gotten as far as linking an aqbanking account
> with a gnucash register in the aqHBCI wizard, so I won't go through
> that.
>
> It has been a while since I struggled with this, but your problem may
> be that you have something slightly amiss in the account description
> that is causing the connection to fail. If you get the user
> information right (Clicking Get Accounts in the aqbanking setup
> reports success), then you know aqbanking has set the right things up
> in the account description for that "User".
>

> The wiki has the answer to this one: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/
> FAQ#Q:_Can_I_import_my_.28USA.29_Discover_credit-card_info.3F
> You have to change two lines in ofx.py so that the ofx server thinks
> you're using a newer version of Quicken.

Works perfectly.  Thanks.

DS