Orphaned Gains Account

Henry Bremridge henry.bremridge at xobie.com
Thu Sep 21 08:54:24 EDT 2006

I am entering my transactions from MS Money into Gnucash (2.01 release
14585 under Debian Etch) and am having two problems. Can anyone help or
point me in the right direction

-   Problem 1. In entering a buy or a sell transaction. I open the stock
    account and enter the buy or sell. In checking with the related bank
    account occasionally the entry will occur but no figures are carried
    across

    This seems to fix itself when I close all windows and "Check and Repair"

-   Problem 2. When I enter a sale of a share then I get the capital gain
    (or loss) appearing in a new account called Orphaned Gains - Realised
    Gain / Loss

    What I do not understand is that the sell account is totally balanced,
    before this orphan account appears.

    This seems to be the same issue as raised on 23 Jun 06 but I could not
    see how that issue finished

--
Henry
Thu Sep 21 13:53:32 BST 2006