Foreign currency accounts and transactions.

Adam Funk a24061 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 10:29:50 EDT 2006

On 2006-09-07, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

>> How in the world can the accounts balance when I forget to E-E-R?
>
> The TRANSACTION is balanced, which is all GnuCash is checking at the
> moment.  However it's not balancing in terms of changes-in-capital.
> But GnuCash doesn't check that now.

Does this mean that if (for example)

1. at the end of August, I have USD100 in Assets:Cash:USD and the most
   recent rate in the price editor is 0.55, so my balance sheet shows
   GBP55.00 in that account;

2. at the end of September, I still have USD100 there, but I've added
   a newer rate of 0.58, so my balance sheet shows GBP58.00 in that
   account;

then

3. the value of that asset has risen by GBP3.00 but without anything
   in the Income accounts to match it?