Help -- extra (blank) transaction in a split!

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Sep 21 16:02:10 EDT 2006

At Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:56:16 -0400 (EDT) "Josh Sled" <jsled at asynchronous.org> wrote:

> On Thu, September 21, 2006 10:25 am, Robert Heller wrote:
> > Due to a small math error, I ended up with a extra imbalance.  After
> > fixing it, I then ended up with a 'blank' imbalance transaction.  How
> > do I get rid of this?  Do I have to completely delete the split and
> > re-enter it from scratch?
>
> If you perfer to stay on the keyboard (rather than using the mouse, which
> I try to avoid if I can), then just deleting the rest of the fields of the
> split then tab'ing out of the split should remove it.  Specifically, the
> transfer-account column and the credit/debit columns must be clear of
> values.  Generally moving out of the split, maybe with arrows or enter
> should have the same effect.

Everything is clear except the account name.  I havn't tried clearing
the transfer-account column (did not know that that was even possible),
but clearing it does work!  Thanks.  There is still something wrong with
the right-click menu though, at least with the 2.0.1 RHEL4 RPMS...

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration