editing a reconciled split

Englisch, Volker (NIH/NCI) [C] volker at mail.nih.gov
Fri Sep 22 17:51:11 EDT 2006

> I have reconciled splits that I would like to edit.
> I only want to edit the description and not the date, account or
amount.

> When I make the edit I get a dialogue warning me about my actions.
> "Change reconciled split? .... Doing so might make future
> reconciliation difficult! ..."

The message is a warning. It reminds you of a potential problem you
might
encounter if you're not careful.

Changing the description doesn't hurt anything.  I do that often myself
(changing the description or the check number field) but you want to be
very careful not to accidentally change one of the other fields.
I did that once and learned my lesson. :-)

Thanks

Volker Englisch
mailto:volker at mail.nih.gov