Printing anything in GnuCash gives me squares!?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 29 20:08:41 EDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 10:49 AM, Otis wrote:

> Thanks David - that worked!
>
> Only problem is that one page tool about 3 minutes to print - and
> just text.
> Don't seem to be any settings to speed it up.

Except that when you aren't using built-in printer fonts, everything
is graphics. But it sure does sound like your font rendering is being
hammered by something. Gnome has caused me lots of font grief.

> The PDF prtiner is still printing squares though - I guess the font
> settings
> for this are in another place?

Sounds like your printer driver and the pdf driver make different
decisions for font substitution/rendering.

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net