Inter-account subgroupings

Blah backsolve at umich.edu
Mon Apr 2 13:12:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm new to gnucash, and I want to replicate a certain functionality of MS
Money.  Namely, it allows for something of an overlay category (I've
forgotten the term the program uses for it), where though an expense might
most directly be related to, say, Auto:Fuel, it is also part of a larger
grouping of transactions associated with some interesting event, say,
2006_Vacation_Expenses.

In Money, I had several such interesting categories that I'd use that
would potentially overlap; one for each household member, one for every
major vacation, one por periodic events, etc.

Is there any way to achieve something like this in GnuCash?

Thanks.