Prosper loans: precision getting cut off

Jason Weill jason at weill.org
Sat Apr 7 17:08:47 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm using GNUcash 1.8.11 on Mac OS X 10.4.9 (PPC) as compiled from
fink.  I have several loans at Prosper ( http://www.prosper.com ), a
microcredit company that sells small shares of loans.  Prosper
reports on my loans to six decimal places: e.g. one of my loans is
presently valued at $47.845890.

I created two accounts to set up my loans.  Equity:Prosper Opening
Balances is an Equity account where the commodity is USD and the
smallest fraction is 1/1000000.  Assets:Microcredit:Prosper:2741 is
an Asset account.  When I try to record the opening balance, the
dollar amount is truncated at two decimal places but still displays
with the extra decimal places: $47.840000.

Is there any way to mix USD-2 accounts with USD-6 accounts?  I'd
really rather keep my regular bank accounts with their normal two
post-decimal digits of precision.

Thanks,
--
Jason Weill