Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 9 10:20:17 EDT 2007

"Tuc at Beach House" <tuctboh at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>     My bad.... I'm not a Winderz person, nor  is it a system I use often. I
> turned on the "Show hidden" and found them. They are attached.
>
>     Thanks, Tuc

Well, from trace.1:

*   WARN <gnc.io> [try_gz_open()] Compression not implemented on Windows. Opening uncompressed file.

So this is clearly from an older release...  I also see this in
trace.2  I also see TONS of:

*   CRIT <qof.utilities> [qof_commit_edit()] unbalanced call - resetting (was -1)

Which is VERY odd...  I see these messages in all three trace files.

I see a couple of warnings about "unable to make file backup"
and a "Permission Denied".  I haven't looked in that code to figure
out what it's complaining about.

You didn't say what you did in the various trace files, or
which versions of gnucash you used for the various trace files.
But in trace 1 & 2 are clearly trying to load a compressed
datafile into a version that doesn't support compression.