tracking grant income/expenses

Arthur Dyck arthur at avefoodcoop.ca
Thu Apr 12 11:16:46 EDT 2007

I am treasurer for a non-profit organization whose funding comes mostly
from grants.  I need to be able to track where the money from each grant
goes.  I could create an income account and a set of expense accounts
related to each grant, but some of these accounts are going to be active
for relatively short periods of time.  I could include information in my
regular expense accounts and use memos to keep track of where the money
came from, but I'm not sure that I can generate the reports that I would
like using that method such as an income/expense statement.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Arthur