Account Codes

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Sun Apr 15 02:47:13 EDT 2007

On Sunday 15 April 2007 16:37, Robert Smits wrote:
> I'm adding a bunch of accounts receivable. When I go to add one, one line
> says account code. What is the account code used for? And why do I want an
> account code AND an account name?
An account code is used by those with obsessive compulsive disorder.
you can just have an account name and everything will work fine.
You can use them for sorting things in a different way.

--
Jargon Coiner (#5)

An irregular feature that aims to give you advance warning of new jargon
that we've just made up.

* DUKE OF URL: A person who publishes their Netscape bookmark file on
  their homepage.

* WWWLIZE (pronounced wuh-wuh-wuh-lize): Habit of unconsciously appending
  www. in front of URLs, even when it's not necessary.

* DUBYA-DUBYA-DUBYA: Common pronounciation of "double-u double-u double-u"
  when orally specifying a wwwlized address.

* ADVOIDANCE: iding a particularly annoying advertising banner by dragging
  another window over it, or by placing your hand on the monitor to cover
  it up.

  Example: "Bob advoided any Microsoft banners he came across."