OFX connection to Vanguard

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 12:46:37 EDT 2007

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Dave Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net>:
>
>> Derek Atkins wrote:
>>> Have you tried with the OFX Direct Connect?  Or does the limitation
>>> of AqBanking not support that?
>>
>> ofxdirectconnect will connect and download, but aqbanking doesn't yet
>> handle securities transactions. (non-reinvested dividends and interest
>> work, but not buys and sells)
>
> I was afraid of that.  That's too bad.  I wonder how hard it would be
> to add that to AqB?  We'd certainly need it if we did QIF import
> via AqB.
>
> -derek
Martin Preuss is working on getting aqbanking 3 up and running. When I
was digging around in aqbanking looking for the FiId field, I didn't see
evidence of the investment handling being added yet, but that isn't a
surprise. I'm guessing cstim would have to have time and interest in
order for investment handling to make it in before mid to late summer.

It shouldn't be really hard. Just handling the same fields that libofx
does now should bring it up to what gnucash has for file imports, but it
would take an understanding of how to fit those into the aqbanking
structure (without irritating Martin by distracting him from the
aqbanking 3 development...).

Clearly beyond my capabilities at this point.
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net