More Questions Accounts Receivable and Billing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 19 15:38:03 EDT 2007

Quoting Robert Smits <bob at rsmits.ca>:

> That's certainly a more diplomatic way to put it. I would prefer to
> just see a
> dropdown list of customers I could select from to having to search. That
> brings me to the next problem, though. Now that I ask to create a new
> invoice, I have to go business, customer, new invoice and I get the invoice
> window. I can select the customer, but I can't see where to enter an amount
> anywhere. Even if I go to the job entry, there's no place to add an amount to
> bill anyone. How do I actually create an invoice if I can't input an amount
> anywhere?

Um, finish creating the invoice and then it will pop up the invoice
register and you can enter your invoice line items.

>> And no, you cannot schedule invoices or payments-to-invoices.
>> Sorry if it's a showstopper for you, but it's where we are.
>> feel free to donate code if it's that important to you.
>
> I guess my frustration at having invested many many hours of setting up
> Gnucash, and possibly having to go to something else was showing.
> I understand, but my skills don't lie in that area, or I would be
> happy to. Is
> there anything else I can schedule that would make it possible for me to
> create a regular amount I want to bill each month ? I really want to show
> both what the arrears if any, are, and what overpayments or credits have
> occurred.

Not without writing SOME code.  Or you could just use the "1 account per
customer" thing and then you do all the work manually..  You know how much
they owe by the balance of their account.  Then you could use SX, but
you wouldn't be able to use the business report (aging, invoice, etc).