stock adjustments

Bob Thibodeau mrbob3 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 19 22:53:13 EDT 2007

I've run into the same situation. What I do is create a transaction
with shares=the amount my shares have decreased
sell= the cash amount the balance on that fund has gone down
Gnucash will fill in a price and the balance should agree with what
the plan is reporting. I call it a service charge for the transfer
account.

I also have a blank line with a "1" in the splits. Never noticed it
before and it doesn't seem to affect the total balance. I'm going to
keep ignoring it.

I don't know if that's the most "correct" way to do it, but it's working
for me.

Bob T